Do you want to know whether or not Xbox 360 controller works on a PC? It’s always better to do a little bit of research before buying gaming consoles or gaming accessories or a computer. Don’t worry if you don’t know some of the answers regarding Xbox or PlayStation. Every gamer was a beginner at some point.
So, if you’re searching about Xbox 360 compatibility with PC, then it shows that you have both Xbox 360 console and PC. The good news is that the Xbox 360 controller can connect to your Windows PC.
However, if you’re facing any trouble connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your PC, then below is the answer to your problem. Let me share how to connect an Xbox 360 controller to your PC:
How Do I Connect My Xbox 360 Controller to My PC?
Generally, an Xbox 360 controller can be easily connected to a PC with Windows 10 through a USB port. If you have no idea about wired Xbox 360 controller and wireless Xbox 360 controller, then let me explain a little bit:
Connect a wired Xbox controller with your PC
To set up a wired Xbox controller to your PC, follow the step-by-step guide written below:
1. Plug your Xbox 360 controller into a USB port on your PC.
2. You would not need to manually install the driver on your PC. Your PC will automatically install it.
3. Once you see the notification regarding installation completion, it is the sign that the driver has been installed, and now you can start using your Xbox controller.
Note: If your Xbox 360 controller is not detected on your PC, try to plug it in a different USB port. If the issue persists, check if windows 10 is updated or not.
Connect a wireless Xbox controller with your PC
For connecting a wireless Xbox controller on your PC, follow the tips:
1. Firstly, you have to connect the wireless Xbox 360 gaming receiver to your PC.
2. Secondly, you have to install the Xbox gaming receiver software. You can install that software either from the disc that came with your Xbox 360 gaming receiver or by downloading it from the manufacturer’s website. Once the installation is completed, restart your computer.
3. Finally, connect the Xbox 360 controller to your PC. Turn on the Xbox gaming controller by pressing the guide button. Now, press the connect button on the receiver. When the light flashes green, press the connect button on your controller to connect your wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
Note: A green light on the gaming receiver will indicate that the unit is working. If the pop-up notification appears, select Install the software automatically. If it does not appear, install the software manually.
Does Xbox 360 Controller Work on Xbox One?
An Xbox 360 controller does not work on Xbox One. Usually, the accessories from the older consoles are incompatible with the newer versions. Therefore, you will have to buy an Xbox One controller for your Xbox One console.